November 30, 2021
Release of version 1.0.89
- Fix changed behavior for OnCreateWebviewCompleted as it was now send one time too often before the WebView was created due to a missed begin/end clause after adding the logging logic.
November 29, 2021
Release of version 1.0.88
- Fix a double free on OnWebMessageReceived under certain circumstances when the user sends a JSON message.
- Fix for Visual Basic. Moved all “WebView not instantiated” errors to LastErrorMessage instead of throwing an error and return false for the properties or empty string. This fixes an issue with not being able to save changes in VB6.
Other new functionality:
- Added an icon for Antview that is used in the ToolBox of VB6 and other development tools.
- On the developer machine where AntView was installed, the control will now first load the WebView2Loader.dll from the default installation location of AntView. This way it will always match the supplied set by us and you don’t need to worry about copying in WebView2Loader.dll into your development environment. You do still need to take care of the DLL dependency during deployment. This also means that during development it will automatically load the dll with the correct bitness.
- A logging feature has been added for troubleshooting purposes. This is only active after activation via a registry setting. See the documentation (Deployment -> Troubleshooting) for details.
During install, the installer will look for Excel AntViewAx.exd cache files of the interface and try to delete those. This should make it easier for Excel users to use new functionality added to the control when you update.
- Typo in the DataFlex WebMessage Demo, Post JSON button is using PostWebMessageAsString instead of PostWebMessageAsJson.
- WebMessage demo: Serialize the JSON in the html before displaying it.
- The Excel demo now also has a webmessage example.
- Added MapLocalFolderToHostName example to the WebBrowserDemo.
November 10, 2021
Release of version 1.0.74
Fixed a hang when using Tab or Shift+Tab to navigate out of the Antview control.
No longer installs the examples under the user account, but instead under all users as it caused issues on some windows server versions when not installing with Administrator privileges. For these users the examples got installed in a non accessible area. Fixed by installing the demo under the “C:\Users\Public\Public Documents” folder.
- Generate Source package in DataFlex
Small improvements to the DataFlex demo.
Added a new view that displays how webmessage works, used the same view as an example for how-to set custom focus behavior when you navigate out of the control with Tab or Shift-Tab key.
September 6, 2021
Release of version 1.0.68
- Added a new demo for Microsoft Excel, where the demo’s run via Visual Basic for Applications.
- AntViewDocument interface did not check if EventSink was wired before calling an event. This has been fixed (this was only an issue for Excel)
- Added DefaultUserDataFolderLocation property, the default location is now set to be under the user temp folder. For more details see the online documentation for DefaultUserDataFolderLocation
- The Events OnExecuteScript and OnCreateWebviewCompleted used data type HRESULT and as that’s an unsigned long, VBA would not work. Changed it to variable names HResult and passing as long instead. (this change has no effect for DataFlex as it already considered HRESULT a long instead of a ulong)
- Updated the installer script, uninstall now unregisters the activex controls.
- Improvements to the help documentation.
- Small improvements to the DataFlex demo. For example, displaying time left on the demo license, fix url by inserting protocol if the user types a website in the browser demo. Reset output to zero in the exchangeResult demo.
August 24, 2021
First official release on a brand new website!